ALL (07/2019): I got UG/PG/PhD openings for our TBRe-Autonomous Formula 1 project.
PhD (06/2019): I got a funded PhD position for indoor scene simulation, starts at 5th Oct. 2020.
PhD (05/2019): I got a funded PhD position for indoor scene understanding, starts at 5th Oct. 2020.
PhD (05/2019): I got a funded PhD position for autonomous filming HERE, starts at 20th Jan. 2020.
We got a funded PhD position HERE. Application deadline is 1st April 2019.
Hey folks! I am actively hiring good students and postdocs to conduct exciting research in the fields of vision, graphics, robotics and their deep learning acceleration. Some potential projects can be found HERE and in my publication list
Prospective PhD Students
Doing a PhD and further academic research is mainly to investigate a real-world issue and ideally end up with solution for the public. This is a hugely rewarding career that deserves persistence and effort from anyone who is interested. Studentships might be a very important bit to support PhD study right now. You may have to figure out the residency requirements before you apply for any PhD opening at Bath or any other institutes in the UK. And the overseas applicants may also have to meet the language requirement which is often obligatory for most of studentship applications. The funding information from my research group will be updated in this page. In the meantime, there may be some general studentships you would consider:
- FindAPhD: general studentship search.
- BathCS: general studentships from the department.
- ProjectCS: general research projects from the department.
- CDE: EngD program from the department.
- CSC: China Scholarship Council studentships for Chinese students.
Furthermore, if you have great academic qualifications (great GPA + track record on research experience in the fields) and good coding skill, you may have a great chance in the applications. If not, We also have excellent MSc courses at Bath to help you get into the fields before your PhD applications. When you think you are ready, please email me by enclosing:
- Recent Transcript: undergraduate or MS if it is available.
- CV: up to two pages, it may include the contacts of two referees. It will also be very useful if you could provide links to your personal page and your public code repos (e.g. Github) if there is any.
- Research Statement: up to two pages, you may introduce your research background and explain what kind of research topic is most interesting for you and what you would like to do on top of it.
Note that the deadlines for studentship applications might vary. The best timing for contact should be between August and November.
Prospective Undergraduate/Master Projects
For Bath students, if you would like to do an undergraduate/master thesis with me, please check Moodle.
OR If you have your own great idea for a thesis, please get in touch.
Prospective PostDoc. Applicants
I don't have any opening right now. Please check this page that would be updated time to time.
Although funding is tight, you might be still interested in doing postdoc research associate with me at Bath AND you are excellent in research AND you believe that you have a good match to my research OR you would like to propose a great idea to work with me. Please get in touch and we might make it happen.
Technically I don't have resource or place to host any intern at Bath. Sorry about that.